Dear Members and Friends of First Baptist Church of Selma
After much consideration and prayer, and out of an abundance of caution for our members and community, the leadership of our church has decided to make the following adjustments to our weekly schedule:
- We will not meet on Sundays for Sunday school.
- We will continue to have morning worship. If you feel comfortable in attending you are welcome. We will not have nursery facilities available. There will be no children’s sermon or children’s church.
- We will receive an offering as you exit the sanctuary at the close of the service. Online giving is available.
- We will not be having any activities or programs after the Sunday morning service. This includes our Training Union class.
- If you are a part of the segment of the population most vulnerable to contracting COVID-19 and face the most difficulty in recovering once diagnosed please remain safely away from our gatherings to protect your health. You can worship with us on WALX-FM 100.9 Sundays from 10:45 to 11:45. You can also access us at www.fbcselma.org.
- After the Wednesday evening service today, March 18, 2020, we will not meet on Wednesdays for any services of any age groups.
- We are also going to change the method in which our student ministry will function on Wednesday evenings. Nathan Bullard will lead a worship time and study via Facebook. Our students are encouraged to follow this Wednesday evening @ FBC Selma Youth Ministry.
These steps will continue as long as necessary. You will be informed immediately of any changes.
We respect the advice of our healthcare professionals and want to join in cooperation with our President, Governor Kay Ivey, and other leadership in taking steps to avoid unreasonable gatherings during this time of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The ministry staff of First Baptist Church will continue working as needed to maintain important ministry, missions, and communication needs for the church.
Yours in Christ,